- 1/2 lb dry rice stick noodles
- 1 lb previously cooked tender steak or roast
- 1 to 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp Thai curry paste
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into short sections
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 6-8 large basil leaves, slivered
- bean sprouts
- coriander leaves
- Cut previously cooked steak or roast into strips and set aside.
- Put noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Drain after 10 minutes.
- Rinse noodles under cold water. Drain again and set aside.
- In a soup kettle or large pot, heat canola oil over medium heat. Add curry paste to warm oil.
- Stir and cook for about a minute, aroma from spices should be quite noticeable.
- Add green beans, chicken stock, and fish sauce.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp.
- Add the set-aside noodles, green onions, and basil leaves. Heat through.
- Ladle into soup bowls. Top each portion with bison slices.
- Garnish with bean sprouts and coriander leaves.
- Serves 6
Copyright 2017 - Bison Basics