Roasted Garlic Bison Meatloaf
- 1 large bulb of garlic, roasted
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (packed)
- 1 medium sized carrot, coarsely grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb ground bison (90% lean)
- 1 lb ground pork (70 to 80% lean)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine the roasted garlic paste with the eggs, thyme, parsley, carrot, salt and pepper. Add the sautéed onion. Use a large fork to work in the bison and pork meat. Sprinkle in the bread crumbs as you do so.
- Once all the ingredients are well combined, transfer meat mixture to a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Shape mixture into a loaf (approximately 9 inches long, 5 inches wide and 2 inches high).
- Bake for about an hour, or until the meatloaf has an internal temperature in the 155 to 160F range. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with CHILI SAUCE on the side.
Copyright 2017 - Bison Basics