Buffalo Cocktail Meatballs
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley leaves
- 2 dashes Tabasco
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dry oregano leaves
- 2 lbs ground bison
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 - 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 2 cups ketchup
- olive oil or vegetable oil cooking spray
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat lightly.
- Blend in parsley, Tabasco, salt, pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, oregano, and bison meat.
- Blend in Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs, 1/4 cup at a time, until meat mixture binds and meatballs can be formed.
- Use about 1 tsp of meat mixture for each meatball, making about 12 dozen small meatballs.
FOR PAN FRYING use a non-stick skillet.
- Cook meatballs, stirring occasionally, over medium to medium-low heat using 1-2 tbsp of olive oil for each batch.
- Meatballs should be browned and fully cooked after 8-10 minutes of pan frying.
TO BAKE line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with vegetable oil.
- Bake meatballs in a 325F convection oven for 12-14 minutes, or until fully cooked.
Serve The Meatballs With This Delicious And Easy To Make Sauce
- Combine red wine and ketchup in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a slight boil over medium high heat while stirring the whole time.
- Reduce heat and add cooked meatballs required for serving.
- Heat through and serve immediately.
Copyright 2017 - Bison Basics