- 1 lb bison sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup spicy tomato garden cocktail juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil (additional for basting)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp dry powdered thyme
- Red onion, sweet pepper, and fresh pineapple sections as required.
- In a small bowl, combine the bison cubes with tomato garden cocktail juice, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, Cajun seasoning, and thyme. Transfer combined ingredients into a small plastic freezer bag. Draw off air, seal bag, and refrigerate.
- Allow bison to marinade in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour, or 4 to 6 hours for more marinade flavor.
- Drain bison cubes in a sieve, discard marinade. Skewer meat cubes with pieces of red onion and sweet pepper (any combination of colors), and fresh pineapple sections. Note: if using wooden skewers, be sure to first soak them in water for 15 minutes before using.
- Grill kabobs over low to medium-low heat, turing often. Baste occasionally with additional olive oil. To avoid dry meat, do not cook beyond medium doneness.
Copyright 2017 - Bison Basics