- 2 tbsp oil, peanut or grape seed preferred
- 2 tsp whole cumin seed
- 1 medium size sweet onion, sliced
- 6 oz sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 3 peppers, sliced (red, orange, yellow or green)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 1 1/4 lb well trimmed bison sirloin, rib-eye, or New York strip steak
- 6 tortillas (8 to 10 inch size)
- sour cream (optional garnish)
- sliced avocado (optional garnish)
- finely diced Jalapeno pepper (optional garnish)
- salsa (optional garnish)
- cilantro (optional garnish)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the cumin seeds in cooking oil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and sauté sweet onion, mushrooms (if using), and sweet pepper slices until tender crunchy. Remove skillet from heat.
- Grill the bison steak as per the My Favorite Barbecued Steak directions.
- While steak is resting heat up tortillas as per package directions.
- Return skillet to burner, sauté vegetables until just heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice steak thinly. Fold each fajita with steak slices, vegetables, and garnishes of choice.
Copyright 2017 - Bison Basics