Extra Seasoned Grilled Bison Burger
- 4-5 green onions, finely chopped (1/2 cup loosely packed)
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs ground bison (approx 10% to 20% fat)
- vegetable oil
- In a medium sized bowl, lightly beat the egg. Blend in the Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, sea salt, black pepper, garlic, green onion, and prepared horseradish.
- Add ground bison. Mix by hand until meat and seasonings are evenly blended.
- Shape meat into 6 patties. Place patties on a cookie sheet or serving tray. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
For Medium-Well to Well-Done Burgers
- Pre-heat barbecue to medium-high.
- Brush a little cooking oil on the top side of the burgers. Quickly grease the preheated grill with a rag or paper towel soaked with some cooking oil. Place the burgers on the pre-heated grill, top side down. Except when the burgers are being flipped, the barbecue lid should be closed during cooking.
- Grill burgers for 4 minutes on one side without disturbing. Flip burgers over and cook the opposite side for another 3 minutes.
- Flip again, cook over reduced or low heat for 6 to 7 minutes.
- To finish, flip one more time and cook over low heat for a final 6 to 7 minutes for medium-well to well done burgers.
Copyright 2017 - Bison Basics